This Strawberry and Pistachio Chocolate Bark is a really fun and simple recipe that kids can help you prepare at Christmas time.
I’ve used colourful toppings to decorate the chocolate bark with, colours and flavours that remind me of Christmas. However, feel free to change the toppings to what you have on hand or you enjoy. If you’re not able to find dried strawberries this recipe works very well with dried cranberries too.
What you’ll need:
160g dark chocolate chips
40g additional dark chocolate chips
30g flaked almonds
30g raw pistachio kernels
30g dried strawberries
How to put together:
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Start by bringing a pot of water to the boil, reduce it to a gentle simmer and pop a large bowl on top of the pot.
- Make sure the bottom of the bowl isn’t touching the hot water.
- Pop 160g of chocolate chips in the bowl and leave for 2 minutes to melt.
- While the chocolate is melting you can prepare the toppings.
- Leave the chocolate chips and almond flakes as they are.
- Chop the pistachio kernels and dried strawberries into smaller pieces.
- Remove the melted chocolate from the heat and allow it to cool and thicken slightly.
- Pour the chocolate onto the lined baking tray and spread it out to an even thickness.
- Sprinkle with the additional chocolate chips, flaked almonds, pistachio nuts and dried strawberries.
- Pop in the fridge to set for 1 hour.
- Before serving remove from the fridge and break the chocolate bark up into large chunky pieces, enjoy