These delicious melt in your mouth biscuits with the zing of fresh lemon and the subtle hint of thyme are a perfect afternoon tea or picnic biscuit.
What you’ll need
- 220g spelt flour
- 30g tapioca flour
- 150g coconut palm sugar
- Zest from 1 lemon
- ½ tsp fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 125g fridge cold ghee or butter
How to put this all together
- Add the spelt flour, tapioca flour, coconut palm sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and fresh thyme leaves into a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Chop the ghee or butter into small pieces and add to the flour mixture. Using your fingertips rub the butter into the flour mixture. Continue this process until you have a smooth dough, this will take approx. 5-10 minutes.
- Shape the dough into a long cylinder shape, wrap up in baking paper and put in the fridge to set for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and cut thin slices of the roll. Place each slice on the baking tray. Continue this process until you have used up all of the dough.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
Please feel free to leave a comment below with any questions or just to let me know how you went making this recipe. I always love hearing your feedback and suggestions.
Happy sprouting, baking and cooking!