This Smokey Paprika and Tomato marinade works so well with the flavours of beef. The medjool dates in the marinade add a lovely sweet flavour and when cooked causes the edges of the meatballs to caramelise.
I like to cook these meatballs in the oven as it’s quicker and there is less mess. But these would work very well cooked on the BBQ and served with a fresh salad.
Makes : 16 medium meatballs
What you’ll need:
500g beef mince
1 carrot, grated
½ onion, finely diced
1 tbs coconut flour
2 tbs almond meal
How to put this together:
- Preheat your oven to 200°C. Line a flat baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Add all of the above ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix until well combined, I like to use my hands for that part!
- Using a tablespoon, scoop up some of the mixture, roll into a ball and place onto the baking tray.
- Continue this process until you have no mince mixture left and you have approx. 16 meatballs.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes and serve.