This Roast Sweet Potato, Cranberry and Feta Quinoa Salad is the perfect salad to prepare the day before Christmas. It doesn’t need heating up and is great served cold alongside other traditional Christmas dishes.
What you’ll need:
1 cup quinoa
1 sweet potato, cut into small cubes
¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
¼ cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 tbs fresh oregano, chopped
¼ cup almond flakes
¼ cup dried cranberries chopped
100g feta, cut into cubes
3 tbs olive oil
Zest and juice from 1 lemon
½ tsp sea salt
How to put this together:
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and scatter over the sweet potato cubes.
- Drizzle with 1 tbs olive oil and a pinch of salt and roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting prepare your quinoa.
- Rinse the quinoa well under running water, then add to a saucepan along with 1 ½ cups of water.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce to a low simmer with the lid on.
- Cook for 10 minutes until the water has absorbed and then turn off the heat and set aside.
- When the sweet potato is roasted remove from the oven and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cooked quinoa along with the fresh mint, flat leaf parsley, oregano, almond flakes, cranberries, feta, 2 tbs olive oil, lemon juice and zest and the remaining salt.
- Using two forks gently toss all of the ingredients together until well combined.