I love poke bowls, they are a bright, colourful, tasty and nutritious meal. I love that you need to use a varied array of colourful vegetables to make a good poke bowl. Means you’re guaranteed a healthy meal!
What you’ll need
½ cauliflower, cut into pieces
1 tbs olive oil
1 tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp sea salt
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup of salad greens
1 cup roasted sweet potato
1 fillet of smoked salmon, skin removed
½ avocado, thinly sliced
1 tbs black sesame seeds
¼ red onion, thinly sliced
Handful of edible flowers (optional)
How to put this all together
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and scatter over the cauliflower pieces.
- Drizzle with olive oil, turmeric powder and sea salt, and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- The trick to assembling your poke bowls is to start with the components that take up the most space in the bowls.
- So start with the roasted cauliflower, cooked quinoa, salad greens and roasted sweet potato, divide these between both bowls.
- Then you can nestle in the remaining ingredients and use them to decorate your bowls, this includes the smoked salmon, avocado, black sesame seeds, red onion and edible flowers.
Please feel free to leave a comment below with any questions or just to let me know how you went making this recipe. I always love hearing your feedback and suggestions.
Happy sprouting, baking and cooking!