Poke bowls are a bright, colourful, tasty and nutritious meal. It means you’re guaranteed a healthy meal by using an array of nutritious vegetables.
What you’ll need
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 baby cos lettuce
- 1 cup roasted sweet potato
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Handful fresh herbs, i.e.oregano, basil
How to put this together
- Heat the olive oil in a small fry pan over a medium heat.
- Add the cooked chickpeas, sea salt and smoked paprika.
- Cook for 10 minutes, making sure to stir occasionally, then set aside.
- Start with the components that take up the most space in the bowls.
- Start with the cooked chickpeas, cooked quinoa, cos lettuce leaves and roasted sweet potato, divide these between both bowls.
- Then you can nestle in the remaining ingredients and use them to decorate your bowls, this includes the cherry tomatoes, cucumber, avocado and fresh herbs.
Please feel free to leave a comment below with any questions or just to let me know how you went making this recipe. I always love hearing your feedback and suggestions.
Happy sprouting, baking and cooking!