This is the perfect mid week meal when you need dinner on the table super quick. I’ve given this recipe to a few family members and friends recently and they all rave about it, it’s become that meal that they have every week now!
I like to serve this with a big leafy green salad and some roasted sweet potato.
It’s a good one to make a double batch of too and then you have a quick protein source in the fridge to add to salads for lunches during the week.
What you’ll need:
- 2 free range chicken breasts
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp raw honey
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tbs olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
How to put this all together:
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Add the chicken breasts to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the mustard, honey, lemon zest, garlic, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sea salt to another small bowl, mix together well until combined.
- Pour this mixture into the bowl with the chicken and toss together until the chicken is well coated. You can now cook this straight away or allow to marinate in the fridge for 4-8 hrs.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large fry pan over a medium heat.
- Add the chicken breast and cook on each side for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Pop the fry pan with the chicken into the oven and cook for a further 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked all the way through. If you have very large chicken breasts you may need to cook them in the oven for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve sliced with your choice of vegetables or salad.
Please feel free to leave a comment below with any questions or just to let me know how you went making this recipe. I always love hearing your feedback and suggestions.
Happy sprouting, baking and cooking!