Lamb Koftas are a colourful and tasty dish to serve when you have a group of people over for dinner. The Koftas can be served as a starter or as part of a main with some flat bread, hummus and haloumi.
What you’ll need
500g organic lamb mince
½ red onion, finely diced
¼ cup currants
1 tbs dried mint
1 tbs cumin powder
1 tsp sea salt
¼ cup almond meal
3 tbs olive oil
1 cup greek yoghurt
¼ fresh mint leaves
1 lemon, cut into segments
1 tsp smoked paprika
How to put this all together:
1. Add the lamb mince, red onion, currants, dried mint, cumin powder, sea salt, egg and almond meal to a bowl. Mix together until well combined.
2. Take a small amount of the mixture and shape into an oval shape, continue this until you have used up all the mixture and have approx. 20 koftas.
3. Heat 1 tbs olive oil in a large frypan and add the koftas, make sure not to overcrowd the pan, leave some space between each kofta.
4. Cook on each side for 6 minutes on a medium heat until golden brown and cooked all the way through. Continue this process until you have cooked all of the koftas.
5. To serve the koftas use a large flat serving plate. Spread the greek yoghurt along the bottom and place the koftas into the yoghurt around the plate.
6. Place the lemon segments in between the koftas and scatter over the fresh mint leaves. Sprinkle over the smoked paprika for some colour and serve.
Happy sprouting, baking and cooking!