A picnic wouldn’t be complete without these delicious jam drops. These are a much healthier version though, a nutrient dense grain free pastry topped with a chia strawberry jam.
What you”ll need
For the cookie dough:
- 250g blanched almond meal
- 50g tapioca flour
- 75g coconut palm sugar
- 50g butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- pinch of sea salt
For the jam:
- 350g fresh strawberries cut in half
- 2 tbs raw honey
- ¼ cup chia seeds
How to put this all together
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Grease and line a baking tray.
- To a bowl add the almond meal, tapioca flour and coconut palm sugar, and mix until combined.
- Add the butter, eggs and salt and mix together until a dough is formed. Set aside in the fridge to cool while you prepare the jam.
- To a small saucepan add the strawberries and honey. Cook over a low heat until the strawberries have started to break down.
- Add the chia seeds, mix until combined and set aside to allow it to chill and thicken.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and break off a small amount, roll it into a ball, pop it onto the baking tray and press it down.
- Using your knuckle create a small pocked in the centre of the biscuit for the jam. Continue this process until you have used up all of the dough. Allow a 5cm space between each biscuit.
- Add 1 teaspoon of jam into the centre of each biscuit, make sure the jam has been allowed to cool and set.
- Then bake for 35 minutes in the oven.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Please feel free to leave a comment below with any questions or just to let me know how you went making this recipe. I always love hearing your feedback and suggestions.
Happy sprouting, baking and cooking!