Gluten Free and Vegetarian
The golden beetroots make this dish incredibly vibrant and colourful. You can buy golden beetroots from most farmers markets. If you’re not able to track any down you can use red beetroots instead.
Remember to cook the halloumi just before serving, it’s soft and most enjoyable then.
What you’ll need
- 250g halloumi, sliced
- 2 golden beetroot bulbs
- 1 tsp seeded mustard
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 3 tbs olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
How to put this all together
- Wash the golden beetroots and cut the ends off. Do not peel the beetroots as the skin adds a lovely colour to the dish.
- Cut the beetroots in half and using a vegetable peeler cut thin slices from the beetroot, continue this process until you’ve used all of the beetroot.
- Add the beetroot slices to a large bowl along with the seeded mustard, maple syrup, 2 tbs olive oil and lemon juice. Toss everything together until the beetroot slices are well coated in the dressing.
- Scatter the beetroot slices onto a serving platter and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbs olive oil in a large frypan over a medium heat. Add the halloumi slices and cook for 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Add the halloumi slices to the serving platter and nestle them in amongst the beetroot slices.
- Top with cherry tomatoes and scatter over the chopped flat leaf parsley.
Please feel free to leave a comment below with any questions or just to let me know how you went making this recipe. I always love hearing your feedback and suggestions.
Happy sprouting, baking and cooking!