Blood oranges are such a stunning fruit and pair up perfectly with fennel and salty halloumi.
Remember to cook the halloumi just before serving, it’s soft and most enjoyable then.
What you’ll need:
250g halloumi, sliced
1 fennel bulb
3 tbs olive oil
Juice from 1 lemon
1 cup Greek yoghurt
½ cup chopped fresh mint
3 blood oranges, peeled and slice
How to put this together:
- Slice the fennel bulb in half and slice very thinly.
- Make sure to keep some of the fennel greens aside to decorate this salad with at the end.
- Add the sliced fennel to a mixing bowl along with the juice from 1 lemon and 1 tbs olive oil.
- Mix together until combined and set aside.
- Add the yoghurt to a small bowl and add the fresh mint, mix until combined.
- Put this yoghurt mixture onto your serving platter and smooth across the entire plate.
- Top with the fennel salad and sliced blood orange segments.
- Heat 1 tbs olive oil in a large frypan over a medium heat.
- Add the halloumi slices and cook for 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Add the cooked halloumi to the salad, nestle it amongst the fennel and blood orange segments.
- Top with the fennel greens and drizzle with 1 tbs olive oil