These fruity festive skewers are such a fun dish to make, one you could save until Christmas Day and make with all of the kids in the family. Make sure you use fruit that is firm and not too ripe, otherwise it won’t hold its shape once it’s skewered.
Makes : 12 skewers
What you’ll need:
150g fresh raspberries
150g fresh blackberries
½ watermelon, cut into slices
6 kiwi fruits, cut into slices
2 cups plain coconut yoghurt
12 wooden skewers
How to put together:
- Prepare the pomegranate first by cutting it in half and tapping out all of the red glossy seeds.
- Set the seeds aside in a bowl and discard the rest.
- Pop the raspberries and blackberries in a bowl too and set aside.
- Place the watermelon slices onto a chopping board and using Christmas cookie cutters cut out as many stars and Christmas tree shapes as you can per slice.
- Continue this same process with the kiwi fruits.
- Pop all of the pieces into bowls and set aside.
- Now get ready to assemble.
- There is no right order to add the fruit to the skewers, I found I fit 5 pieces of fruit per skewer and I kept the same pattern for each skewer.
- Assemble all 12 skewers and until no fruit remains.
- Add the coconut yoghurt to your serving platter and spread out across the platter.
- Top with the fruit skewers and scatter over the pomegranate seeds just before serving.