Beetroot may seem like an unusual ingredient in these brownies, however they add a lovely sweetness to the brownies as well as keeping them really moist. And trust me when I say you definitely can’t taste the beetroot in this brownie!
What you’ll need
Makes: 12 brownie pieces
150g coconut palm sugar
250g beetroot, boiled, cooled and grated on fine setting
Pinch sea salt
75g cacao powder
300g almond meal
1 tsp baking powder
100mls, olive oil
How to put this together
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- To a mixing bowl add the eggs, coconut palm sugar, grated beetroot and mix together well.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients; pinch of sea salt, cacao powder, almond meal and baking powder, along with the olive oil and mix together until all the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased brownie tin and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until firm.
- Your brownies are now ready to enjoy!
Please feel free to leave a comment below with any questions or just to let me know how you went making this recipe. I always love hearing your feedback and suggestions.
Happy sprouting, baking and cooking!