These muffins make for the perfect lunchbox snack as they are nut free and packed with a serve of vegetables. For this recipe I use leftover cold roasted pumpkin. I’ll often roast a whole lot of pumpkin and sweet potato on the weekend and then use it in dishes like this. Roasted pumpkin also freezes very well and can then be used in this recipe later.
What you’ll need
250g roasted pumpkin
½ tsp sea salt
1 clove garlic, crushed
½ red onion, finely diced
100g spelt flour
75g buckwheat flour
5g baking powder
80g goats cheese
2 tbs pepitas
How to put this together
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Line a 6 hole muffin tray with either baking paper or muffin wrappers.
- Add the roasted pumpkin to a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the eggs, salt and crushed garlic and mix until well combined.
- Add the diced red onion, spelt flour, buckwheat flour and baking powder.
- Mix together until just combined, being carefully not to over mix.
- Divide the mixture between the 6 muffin cases and top with some goats cheese and a sprinkle of pepitas.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
Please feel free to leave a comment below with any questions or just to let me know how you went making this recipe. I always love hearing your feedback and suggestions.
Happy sprouting, baking and cooking!