What you’ll need
There is nothing more comforting than a brownie. This brownie is grain free, nutrient dense but still a little bit decadent with the added dark chocolate and butter.
100g dark chocolate (70% or more is best)
100g salted butter
½ cup coconut palm sugar
1 cup blanched almond meal
2 tbs cacao powder
125g fresh raspberries + extra 50g for decoration
100g macadamia nuts
How to put this together
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Grease and line a bread tin or a brownie tin (I used a bread tin for this recipe).
- Break up the dark chocolate and add to a saucepan along with the salted butter.
- Melt this over a low heat, stirring continuously, then set aside.
- Add the eggs and coconut palm sugar to a bowl and whisk together until the eggs are pale and fluffy.
- Add the almond meal and cacao powder,and gently fold this together.
- Then add the melted chocolate mixture along with 125g of raspberries and macadamia nuts, and gently mix together.
- Pour the brownie batter into the greased tin and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- I like my brownie with a gooey centre, so 30 minutes is perfect. But if you like yours firmer than bake the brownie for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool and top with a dusting of cacao powder and some more fresh raspberries.
- Allow the brownie to cool completely before slicing as other wise it will be very crumbly
Please feel free to leave a comment below with any questions or just to let me know how you went making this recipe. I always love hearing your feedback and suggestions.
Happy sprouting, baking and cooking!