What you’ll need
150g fresh strawberries, chopped
Zest and juice from one lemon
25g coconut palm sugar
15g tapioca flour
15g coconut flour
70g blanched almond meal
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbs butter
2 tbs honey
How to put this together
- Add the strawberries, lemon juice, lemon zest and eggs to a bowl, mix together until combined.
- Add the coconut palm sugar, tapioca flour, coconut flour, almond meal and baking powder and mix further until you have a thick batter.
- Melt some butter in a large fry pan over a medium heat. Add two spoonfuls of the batter to the pan, you should be able to fit about 3 pancakes in the fry pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes on this side, then flip and cook for a further 2 minutes on the other side. Continue this process until you’ve used up all of the batter.
- Serve topped with chopped fresh strawberries and a drizzle of honey.
Please feel free to leave a comment below with any questions or just to let me know how you went making this recipe. I always love hearing your feedback and suggestions.
Happy sprouting, baking and cooking!