What you’ll need
This recipe is a favourite in my house and one that we have almost weekly. The great thing about this recipe is that it contains no yeast, so there is no need to knead the dough or let it rise. It makes for a really quick recipe that you can top with whatever topping you fancy.
For the dough
1 ¼ cups buckwheat flour
1 cup brown rice flour
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbs olive oil
½ tsp sea salt
1 ½ cups water
2. For the topping
4 tbs tomato paste
1 chicken breast, thinly sliced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
½ red capsicum, thinly sliced
1 cup pitted black olives
100g goats cheese
100g mozzarella cheese, sliced
½ cup fresh herbs (ie basil, flat leaf parsley)
How to put this together
- Preheat your oven to 200 °C.
- Add the buckwheat flour, brown rice flour, baking powder, olive oil and salt to a bowl.
- Mix together until combined, add the water and continue mixing until a sticky dough is formed. (The dough will feel like it’s too wet, but this is normal so don’t add any extra flour at this stage.)
- Place a square sheet of baking paper onto a flat surface and dust generously with buckwheat flour.
- Divide the dough into half and place half onto the baking paper.
- Slide the baking paper onto a round baking tray.
- Dust the dough with more buckwheat flour and press the dough down with your fingers so that it fills the entire tray and is about 5 – 8mm thick.
- Set aside and do the same with the other half of the dough onto another round baking tray.
- Top each pizza with the tomato paste, onion, capsicum, chicken, olives and cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 30 -40 minutes, until crispy and golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before topping with a selection of fresh herbs and serving
Please feel free to leave a comment below with any questions or just to let me know how you went making this recipe. I always love hearing your feedback and suggestions.
Happy sprouting, baking and cooking!